Monday, October 15, 2012

My Inspiration: The Freshest Kids

The Freshest Kids is another film about hip pop bringing forth its awesomeness so the world can realize what they are passing by. The Freshest Kids highlights the B-boys, many call it breakdancing but myself and others prefer being called b-boys. This film educates those who do not know the history of B-boying and also about the hip pop culture, which many over look.  Just so you know B-boying just like the rest of hip pop was born in the South Bronx. It is a way to express yourself just like graffiti, but B-boying originally came from another dance called Rocking. Rocking is a style of dance that imitates fighting and also has the intensity of fighting but  that's as far as it goes. Honestly the Freshest Kids is one of the most inspiring and educating  films on hip pop culture,  It is my inspiration to keep B-boying and improve.  I also wish to make a film similar to this.

By similar I mean a video that exposes and teaches about something underground to the people.  The Freshest Kids educates people on hip pop culture but what about other cultures, styles, music? We know nothing about them, this film is one of the few movies that tackles these sort of silences. To be honest I have not seen anything like it besides Style Wars . To finish this off I'd like to say that this film is one of my favorites, it influences me very much as a B-boy. This film helps me strive to become a better b-boy and embrace the culture. It also influences how I would want to make a film.


No comments:

Post a Comment